Flank steak is an incredibly versatile cut of beef. We enjoy it grilled on a BBQ with a little salt and pepper to a perfect medium rare. Pair it with a fresh salsa verde and your choice of corn or flour tortilla, and weekday taco night just moved over to Sunday dinner.
GRILLED FLANK STEAK TACOS WITH SALSA VERDE
Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
2 lbs tomatillos
1 large white onion
4 serrano chiles
4 cloves garlic
1 small bunch of cilantro
2 tbsps olive oil
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of salt
Instructions for the Salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove the tomatillos from the husk and rinse
- Cut the onion into large rings
- Rinse serrano chiles, remove the stems
- Roast garlic inside its husk
- Add ingredients to bowl with oil, salt, and cumin. Mix well and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool
- In a blender, add roasted vegetables, cilantro, and lime; squeeze garlic from the husk and add to the blender.
- Blend for 10 seconds
- Add the salt to taste
2 lbs flank steak
2 tbsps olive oil
Pinch Kosher salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Instructions for the steak
- Remove steak refrigerator; set on the counter for 30-40 minutes before grilling
Rub the steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your gas grill on high to sear marks on the steak; lower the temperature and cook to the desired temperature (medium rare is encouraged).
- If using a charcoal grill, move the steak away from direct heat once seared and cook to temperature in indirect heat.
- Remove steak when done and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Warm flour or corn tortillas on the grill. Cut steak, add salsa, and enjoy.
Recipe by Gabe Gomez / Photograhy by Christine Siracusa
Try some of TABLE’s other recipes:
Don’t miss a single delicious thing:
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine here!