Indulge in the classic delight of Timeless Chocolate Chip Cookies with this easy-to-follow recipe. These delectable treats feature a perfect balance of softness and chewiness, studded with decadent semi-sweet chocolate chips that melt in your mouth with every bite. With a simple list of ingredients and straightforward instructions, you’ll have a batch of freshly baked cookies ready to enjoy in no time. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe guarantees a crowd-pleasing result.
Timeless Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Guittard Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be cautious not to over-mix the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and, if desired, the chopped nuts.
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges. The centers may appear slightly soft but will firm up as the cookies cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe by Gabe Gomez
Don’t miss a delicious thing: Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.