Cocoa powder + dark chocolate = crave-able cookies. Best Daze sugar, infused with THC, makes them both crave-able and mellow. A sprinkle of Best Daze salt on top before baking adds a savory note and a touch more THC. Feel free to use chopped pecans or walnuts instead of macadamia nuts. Also feel free to stop by a Best Daze location to ask about how many THC-infused cookies you might consider as the perfect snack.
THC Double Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
Makes 48-50 cookies
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp Best Daze salt + additional to top the cookies
½ lb (two sticks) unsalted butter
¾ cup Best Daze sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 oz-60% bittersweet chocolate
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Add the Best Daze salt and whisk together.
- In a separate large bowl or using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, Best Daze sugar, and brown sugar. Add the eggs and beat to combine.
- Fold in the flour mixture then stir in the chocolate and nuts.
- Form the dough into balls that weigh just under one ounce – about 48-50 in total.
- Line large baking pans with either silpat or parchment paper and place the dough balls, allowing space between for them to expand. Gently press the balls to flatten the tops and dust with a light sprinkle of Best Daze salt.
- Place in the pre-heated over and bake for about 10-11 minutes, turning the pan once halfway through baking.
- Remove from the oven – the cookies should still look slightly soft. Allow them to cool for two minutes on the pan then remove and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Julia Platt Leonard / Styling by Anna Franklin / Photography by Dave Bryce
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine‘s print edition.